Friday, May 31, 2013

college


I think it is a fairly common thing to think of your college days and miss them now and again.... that appealing limbo between being a grown up and childhood- so many learning opportunities at your fingertips, meeting people from all over and the first taste of freedom for many.
 I made some of my best, most treasured friends in college. I had the chance to take all sorts of courses and had a quite a few jobs (one of which would wind up being a career path), but when I think back on the experiences I am still grateful for today- I can't help but also miss the place.

I know I am bias, but my campus was/is beautiful. I am a little ashamed to admit it, but it was the viewbook sent to me via snail mail that first sparked my interest. It just looked idyllic. Lucky for me there was/is a fantastic education attached to this place.
Sometimes I wish I lived closer to the campus so that I could see how it has changed and visit it with my kids, but other times I just like to remember it how it was 20 years ago and be happy it was/is a part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails