Monday, October 17, 2011

Owl Pumpkin


The plan for an afternoon creating an owl pumpkin for our porch is coming together. I have narrowed it down to three possibilities, but I can't stop smiling about those sunflower seed eyes- so I am betting he is the one for us!
I am including links to all three choices in case a pumpkin owl is in your future. The first is from Parents.com and the latter two come from marthastewart.com- a beautiful carved version (with template) and some sweet owls of all sizes for your fence or rail.

Before we jump into our afternoon of pumpkin carving, I figure a few owl books would be inspiring. My choices are Good-Night, Owl! by Pat Hutchins, Little Hoot by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and The Owl Who Was Afraid of the Dark by Jill Tomlinson.

I will wrap it all up with these owl cookies!
Now you know what my Saturday afternoon will look like.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails