Sunday, October 17, 2010

beyond the Boston Brahmin


Dear Boston,
You know how much I love you and your cobblestone streets and public gardens. I could wander all day on your city streets and never feel lost (as long as there's a Dunkin' Donuts within shouting distance and the accent of your people in the air - I know I am home). But, Boston, for so long - for so very long - you've had the rep of being old fashioned in the worst possible way. Yes, I am talking about your sense of style. 

You, old friend, are not known for being a trend setter in any way, shape, or fashion. And though you and I agree that plenty of fashionistas strut your streets, you still get called "frumpy" or "old-fashioned" or, despite your politics, "conservative" by those who don't know you intimately. But how great to hear that things are changing thanks to Beyond Boston Chic! As I'm sure you know, BBC is a blog that's been documenting some of your better dressed natives for some time now (though the blog is new to me) and sharing their style with the world.  And hasn't Beyond Boston Chic captured your fashion-forward residents beautifully? You must be so proud of her!

Anyway, missing you a little bit extra now that it's fall and you are in your prime. Promise to write back when you get a chance though, okay?

Love,
Vivi

All images via Beyond Boston Chic

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out. I do so hope we all here in BOS will step up our game.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails