Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday, a Thanksgiving feast, and Etsy

Pumpkin Berry Boxwood Wreath via twoinspireyou

I am a little ashamed to admit I have not hosted my own Thanksgiving dinner yet. My mum puts on an amazing spread, an amazing day really, and I remain ever grateful she is so incredible and ever fretful I will never be able to pull off such an affair.

Someday, when I do host my mother and the rest of my family, I hope for something like this...(well, for this and no kitchen fires or kiddie meltdowns or turkey disasters, etc...)

A beautiful invitation (to build guests' confidence in me from the start!)
Autumn Harvest Dinner Invitation courtesy of merrymint
A festive and elegant table.....

mercury glass centerpiece courtesy of floresdelsol
soft gray scrolls floursack courtesy of margotbianca
Yellow gold tailored dinner napkins by evelynwhiteNapkin Rings Meadowbrook pattern courtesy of jjevensen

I love the idea of these place card leaves that sit askew on the glasses at each seat.

Autumn Leaves Mix Place Cards courtesy of TimelessPaper

The tools you work with to prepare and serve can be just as lovely as the centerpiece.

Nourish Me Acacia wood Serving spon and Fork courtesy of sweettidings

Oval Beaded Platter courtesy of ShapingLivesPottery7

Creamy Orange and Rust Casserole Dish courtesy of gypsypottery

These delicately engraved votive holders would be perfect for some twinkling ambiance.

4 Hand Engraved Glass Votive Holders courtesy of daydreemdesigns

Now this apron would make me feel like a truly prepared (and fashionable) host.

Classic Flair for Cooking Retro Apron courtesy of GreatGoods

Finally, something on hand for even the tiniest of guests....

Modern Fruit Trees Bib courtesy of cocoaandmilkweed

Maybe next year I will give it a try, but this Thanksgiving I'm just another happy and very appreciative guest.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for mentioning us and our invitation in your blog. This is a beautiful Thanksgiving spread!! My sister and I have also never had the priviledge of hosting dinner for the family, but are moving one step closer this year as we will be cooking the dinner for everyone at our parent's house =) Have a wonderful holiday season!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorelei,

    Thank you so much for featuring the item in my shop! Your thanksgiving table looks sumptuous! I just love all the color tones, hues and mood you combined together!

    Christy
    Sweet Tidings etsy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails